- the growth and development of Barcelona, including urban renewal, planning for the sustainable city etc.;
- field studies in the Natural Parks surrounding the city including the Garrotxa Volcanic Park, the Ebro Delta wetlands, Montseny, Sant Llorenç del Munt i l’Obac and Garraf;
- field studies in the Collserola and the Delta del Llobregat;
- river and coastal studies;
- geology itineraries;
- the growth and impact of tourism in Barcelona and the Costa Brava;
- sustainable tourism;
- recent agricultural and industrial change;
- the social, economic and environmental impact of rural depopulation.
Teaching level: to A/IB level and G.C.S.E..
Field Study Equipment: Sufficient to equip groups of up to 70 students, including:
- a wide range of maps at a variety of scales;
- digital sensors including pH, conductivity, dissolved oxygen etc.;
- abney levels and surveying equipment;
- flow meters;
- soil sampling and testing;
- sieve columns;
- electronic balances;
- global positioning systems.
Classroom Equipment: projectors and computers.
Centre-Produced Books (in English):
- Plant and Tree identification;
- Building Identification in Barcelona;
- The Growth and Development of Barcelona;
- Barcelona by Area;
- Barcelona, the Second Revolution;
- Planning for the Sustainable City;
- Land Use Conflicts in the Ebro Delta;
- The Geology and Relief of Catalunya;
- Teaching Itineraries in the Garrotxa Volcanic park;
- Colonia Sedó: a study of an Industrial Colony.